This is the abstract of the will of Charles Martin, born in or about 1741 in Albemarle, Virginia and died in 1808 in Abbeville, South Carolina.
Dated 28 June 1808 – Proven 25 October 1808
Will Book I (1787 – 1815) p. 368 – A. Hamilton, ORD
I Charles Martin of Dist. Abbeville and State of South Carolina ———-
- I give to my son Jacob Martin 3 negroes ———-
- I give to son George Washington Martin plantation 289 a. after my wife’s decease
- I lend to my daighter Suckey Moor 1 negro girl ———-
- I lend to my son William Martin 3 negroes. If son William should marry ———-
- I give to my grandsons James and Thomas Cobbs ———- 15 lbs. Ster. each.
- I give to my granddaughter Patsey Bibb a mourning habit ———-
- I lend to my beloved wife Pattey Martin ———-
- The Executors after my wife’s death ———- pay to Sally Nichols $100. ———-
- After that the whole of my estate to be laid off in lots and all my surviving children draw, except Sally Nichols ———-
Executors: Sons Jacob and George Washington, and Wife Pattey Martin.
No executors’ report was found in files.